Easy Ways to Overcome Nausea during PregnancySpecial strategies are needed as a way to overcome nausea during pregnancy as below.
Arrange food and drinks
- Instead of eating large portions once in a while, it is better to consume food in small portions but more often, especially those that are rich in carbohydrates and low in fat such as toast and better choose foods that are less sweet and spicy.
- Take enough fluids to prevent vomiting. However, avoid sugary drinks, cold, and which taste too sharp.
- Avoid foods or drinks that smell nauseous. It's better to avoid hot foods that often smell more aromatic than cold foods.
- If you cook it yourself, choose a food processing method that is easier to prepare and not greasy. If possible, ask for help from others to do things that make you sick, like cooking.
- Keep providing foods that are easy and convenient for you to consume such as nuts, dairy products, and
- If necessary, make a list of foods that make you feel nauseous and that make you comfortable. This will make it easier for you to plan your food menu.
- Ginger and mint are believed to relieve nausea. You can add ginger to tea or warm mineral water, you can also try consuming ginger candy or candy
- Avoid fatty foods, fried foods, and sour and spicy foods because they can cause irritation to the digestive system.
- You can try consuming cold sports drinks that contain potassium, salt, and glucose to replace electrolyte loss.
- Pay close attention and consult whether the pregnancy vitamins you consume might cause nausea, because minerals can burden the digestive system.
Get enough rest
- Fatigue can trigger nausea. Take enough time to rest.
- Get up early in the morning slowly, especially if you feel nauseous when you wake up. Eat a piece of bread or a biscuit just before getting up if possible.
How to dress
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes. Choose a non-tight at the waist as a way to deal with nausea during pregnancy.
- Divert your attention from nausea by doing things that calm the mind such as taking a walk, reading a book, or listening to music.
- Consult your doctor first if you want to do certain sports that are at risk of causing nausea to become more.
- In addition to carrying a bag to vomit while traveling, you should also bring a mouthwash mouthwash or toothpaste and a toothbrush to refresh your mouth.
- Avoid lying down after eating if you don't want digestion to run slowly.
- Get some fresh air by opening a window or walking around.
- Beware of some things that are not derived from food but can also cause nausea, such as the scent of perfume, crowded rooms, or even piercing light
- Inform your condition early on with your boss and coworkers in case you feel unable to do work on a day when nausea and vomiting are severe. In addition, you can also communicate to coworkers if there are things that make you sick, such as the scent of colleague perfume that is too strong.
- Tell your partner or other relatives about the nausea you are experiencing and what can be done to help you, for example helping with homework or shopping.